Daniel surprised me last night by taking me to the African Children's Choir performance here at BYU-I. It was so amazing. The children shared some of there stories with us, as well as their hopes for the future. The choir started back in 1984 in Uganda, but has since included other African countries. All of the children have lost one or both parents and so don't have anything when they come to the academy that the choir has built. The children live at the academy as well as get an education. Many of the children who are no longer in the choir, have stayed at the academy to get a college education. I thought that was very cool.
They children did dances representing the country that they were from. They did a dance from South Africa, which made me very home sick. They then ended the night by singing the South African anthem, and that is when the tears came. It was such an amazing night. I'm so happy Daniel took me.


1 comment:
This looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment