Before I start, I must tell you that we are not Potter geeks. We enjoy the books and the movies, but we are not obsessed like some people.
So, I was reading my sister-in-law,
Alyssa's blog about a date they did which had an Italian theme. I thought it was really creative, and I thought about a theme date that I could do. I am currently reading the Harry Potter books, so naturally, that's what came to mind.
I started by giving Daniel an invitation to our date night.

I found an 'Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook' online, and chose three recipes. It was hard to narrow it down because there are a ton of desserts they eat in the books. I ended up making Pumpkin Pasties, English Stew and the famous Butterbeer. I put little tea candles everywhere to represent the floating candles in the Great Hall.

I set it all up on our coffee table, and watched 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' while enjoying our Hogwarts Dinner.

It was a really fun night, with some definite recipe keepers.
2 comments:
That looks like fun! Thanks for sharing :) I may steal this idea for later
This is the funnest idea! I love the movies too! I've never gotten around to reading the books, but everyone who has read them said they are amazing. Maybe one day! Nice work, very creative!
Post a Comment