Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Our trip to Washington

Our long countdown finally came to an end. We have been so excited about our week long trip to Washington to see Daniel's parents. It's hard being in Memphis so far away from home. This was our first trip back since coming to Memphis 2 years ago, so it was a much needed break.

Daniel taking down our last link on the countdown chain.

On the plane waiting to leave. Soooo excited!!

The view from the plain of Mt Rainier in Washington. We flew into Seattle, where Daniel's parents met us. We stayed in Seattle over night, which was great. A little vacation before our vacation.

We went to the Space Needle for lunch. It was really amazing. The restaurant rotates, so you can get a really good look at Seattle as you eat your food.

Danial and I at the top.

We went canoeing one morning on Moses Lake. It was a beautiful day and the water was perfect. We went early before it got too hot, and before all the boaters and skiers came out.

We celebrated my mother-in-laws birthday while we were there. I made a three layered German Chocolate cake for her, and we had chicken taco's for dinner.

We went on a picnic to Summer Falls near this beautiful waterfall. There were a lot of wasps that I didn't really appreciate, but once we were done eating, they left us alone and we enjoyed the waterfall and the surrounding scenery.

We had such an awesome time. It's tough being back. I am looking forward to when Daniel will be done with school and we don't have to be so far away from family.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh man! That sounds like an awesome trip! I have been to the Space Needle quite a few times, but have never eaten there. I've always wanted to. Fun! And conoeing on Moses Lake in the early morning...that sounds like heaven. I love being on the water first thing in the morning when everything is so still. I'm glad you guys had such a great trip!