Monday, December 21, 2009

Bad Rat


We have been out of town for a few weeks. First me by myself, and then once Daniel was done with finals, he came and joined me. When we arrived back home, we went into the office, to make sure our pet rat, Poppy, was okay. We walked over to his cage, to find the door open, and no rat around. In panic, we started searching around, and found him in the corner of the office by our bookshelf. We were relieved to find him okay, and placed him back in the cage.
I was a little upset that his cage was left open, but also thought how much fun he must have had the past week running around free.
A while later, I went to get on the computer, to find that the Internet wasn't working. This wasn't totally abnormal, so Daniel went behind the computer to check all the plugs. And that is when we discovered the mess Poppy had created. He had chewed through our Internet router cord, monitor plug, speaker cords, hub extender and our printer cords. I was so livid, that I just had to walk out of the room. This was not the way I was hoping to start my Christmas break!
So if you ever get a pet rat, don't ever let them roam around your computer unsupervised!

No comments: