Monday, July 18, 2011

Famous on Google

Posted by Daniel

So the other night Belinda and I were looking on google maps to see how far it would be from one of our possible externship sites to my parent's place. Turns out it's about two hours. Afterwards we just kept playing around and decided to take a walk around Rexburg with Googlemap's street view option. We checked out our old apartment, our favorite place to get ice cream (G's Dairy), our favorite burger joint (The Backyard), and our old jobs (Western Watts, Madison Middle School and Meleleuca).

While checking everything out I realized that we were famous! Our white pontiac vibe can be seen in two of the street views; one near Western Watts (where I worked) and one at our apartment (in our parking spot). It's crazy that our car is right there in the pictures. Anywho, I thought it would be fun to post the pictures.


I thought it was even funnier because we haven't lived there in almost two years!

3 comments:

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

How fun! Ah I remember going VTing in that car, from that apartment=) I'll have to check out our old stomping grounds to see if we make any appearances!

Sarah said...

That is awesome! Too bad the Backyard isn't here anymore. They turned it into a Jimmy John's.

Daniel and Belinda said...

Well, The Backyard was delicious, and I'd rather have it than a Jimmy Johns, but Belinda and I recently discovered it here in Memphis and we LOVE it. But Rexburg doesn't really need another sandwhich joint.