Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lyla's 1st Birthday

For Lyla's first birthday, we took her to the water park. She loves being in the water. It takes her a second to get used to it, but then it's hard to leave. Even though she is only 1, and will never remember her 1st birthday, we really wanted to make it about her, by doing the things she loves. 


This is her favorite spot..... the splash pad. She loves watching the water squirt up and try to catch it.


Daddy took her out a little deeper, and she was so happy.



I made chocolate cupcakes with blueberry whipped cream frosting. They were really good. Number 1 for 1st birthday!


Her very own cupcake.




She didn't eat it all. She is just a little delicate girl. So I HAD to help her finish it.


12 birthday balloons for our 12 month old girl.


Opening her present from us.
She loves her shopping cart.



Her favorite Uncle, Uncle Chris (and I can say that because he's my brother) called at 6:45 am to wish her a Happy Birthday, so that was fun. It was a very special day, and I spent a lot of time reflecting on the day that Lyla joined our family. I just feel so blessed that she is with us.

For the longest time, I thought she was going to be taken away from us. Not for any particular reason, but I was just used to things NOT working out for us. When I was pregnant, I was convinced I wasn't going to ever meet her. Then when she arrived, I was so filled with joy, but again convinced that this wasn't going to last. We had tried for so long to have her, that I just couldn't accept that this was real. I prayed every night that she would stay with us. It wasn't until she was about 8 months, that I started to relax a little. And now she has made it a whole year. She blesses my life every day, and I am forever grateful to have her as part of our family.

Happy Birthday Lyla Anne!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a sweet celebration! I love the themed colors. Lyla is lucky to have you and Daniel as parents. Here's to another great year ahead for your family!