Friday, August 23, 2013

We Are Daughters of Our Heavenly Father.

This morning Lyla and I watched this talk given by Sister Elaine S. Dalton during the April 2013 General Conference Saturday Morning Session.



Some mornings while we are eating breakfast, I put on a talk from General Conference. This morning, I watched this talk twice. As a mother, to a daughter, I felt like it spoke to me. Knowing that my examples is going to shape how my daughter turns out is scary. It makes me want to be a better person for her. 

Here are some of my favorite quotes from the talk:

"As daughters of God we are each unique and different in our circumstances and experiences. And yet our part matters—because we matter. Our daily contributions of nurturing, teaching, and caring for others may seem mundane, diminished, difficult, and demeaning at times, and yet as we remember that first line in the Young Women theme—“We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us”—it will make all the difference in our relationships and our responses."

"Young women need mothers and mentors who exemplify virtuous womanhood. Mothers, your relationship with your daughter is of paramount importance, and so is your example. How you love and honor her father, his priesthood, and his divine role will be reflected and perhaps amplified in your daughter’s attitudes and behavior."

No comments: