Daniel and I have never been huge into Valentine's Day. We don't really do gifts, instead we just plan on doing something together. Sometimes it's big, sometimes it's small, but it's just us spending time together.
But once Lyla came around, the meaning of Valentine's Day changed for me. It's not just about the love I have for Daniel, but the love I have for my daughter too. And for that reason, I wanted the day to be special for my little Lyla, and let her know just how much I love her. So this year, Valentine's Day was a little more exciting.
We started off with a few decorations
Then we made some delicious goodies.
First was homemade Oreo's with strawberry cream cheese frosting. They were so incredibly yummy!!
And then I made some Rice Crispy Treats with chocolate for my little love, Lyla. I used strawberry flavored marshmallows. I will never go back to regular marshmallows again. That extra bit of flavor was amazing. I cut them into little hearts, and spread a little melted chocolate on top. A definite winner!!
Lastly, I got a little creative, and put together a few treats for Daniel.
Each Riesen Chocolate I taped on a reason why I love Daniel. It was really fun putting these together.
I have a new love for Valentine's Day. Now that we have Lyla in our family, there is so much more love to share.






No comments:
Post a Comment