Every year, Halloween comes around, we buy lots of candy and no kids show up. It's so weird. We've always lived in apartment complexes, so you would think they would be perfect for trick-or-treaters....but no. I could probably count the number of kids who have knocked on our door over the past 6 Halloweens on one hand. It's kinda sad.
So this year, we decided to not buy any candy. We had some candy that we had bought for our 14 year old Sunday School class that we teach, and decided that if kids show up, we'll just use that.
And what do ya know? A ton of kids came knocking. It was actually so fun. Lyla was all dressed in her Lady bug outfit, and it was exciting to see all the little kids get so excited about their costumes. They finished all our candy, so our Sunday School class will be without for a while, but I'm glad we had that stash on hand.
Daniel and I didn't really do much for Halloween this year. It's just different now that Lyla is here. Once she is a little older we'll make it fun, but this year just seemed a little pointless to me. I don't see the point in spending money on a costume that she'll only wear once. She's not going to go trick-or-treating or to any other Halloween parties, so whats the point in the costume. So this Ladybug outfit worked out perfect because not only was it half the price of a real costume, it's something she can wear several more times as PJ's.
I love my little bug!




No comments:
Post a Comment